Sunday, October 5, 2008

Outside reading

Text:Caringbridge/Bretthansenbegg
Author:Greta Hansen-Begg and Alen Hansen-Begg

Again I read caring bridge for Brett. Brett is still in a coma and had some complications with his feeding tube and now has to be on drip feeding again. Other then that he has been getting better day by day. Brett has been starting to make eye contact with you, even if it does take him a while to get there and only for a short time. Today Brett was able to watch a football game on TV and Greta, his mom, swore she saw him smile. A connection that I have is people always are saying be prepared for him not to wake up, or he’s been in a coma for a long time what if he doesn’t wake up. My response is that my grandpa many years an ago when he was a teenager was in a similar situation. My grandpa was hit by a train and was in a coma for about a month and it was way before they had much of the technology that they have today to help Brett get better. So knowing this connection helps me think optimistic on the whole accident and know that all Brett needs is time.

1 comment:

SARAH said...

yayy sarah i'm glad brett's getting better! i hope he recovers all the way